A warm, sweet and creamy sauce that can be used as a flavour accent to many desserts. An Eggnog Layer Cake is the reason I came up with this crowd pleaser. You are only limited by your imagination to all of the ways you can utilize this sauce boat of boozy heaven.
Buttered Rum Sauce
A Perfect Side Sauce
- 1-300ml can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark rum-I used Diplomatico Rum
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp rum extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, salt and condensed milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly to prevent scorching. Cook sauce until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat
- Stir in rum, vanilla and rum extract. Reheat the sauce before serving in microwave or saucepan. Serve hot, warm, or room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.